iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα
  • Twitter:@jwr_
  • Φύλο: Άντρας
  • Κινητό: iPhone 3GS
  • Tablet:iPad 3 +4G
  • GameCenter:jwr_p

Δημοσίευση 29/03/2009 - 22:31

Εδω θα μαζευτουμε και θα λεμε οτι θελουμε για αυτο το φοβερο app!!

Application Credits(νομιζω τα δυο παιδια αξιζουν ενα μεγαλο μπραβο)

Dave Castelnuovo-Programming - Facebook Profile
Allan Dye-Design - Facebook Profile

Review

Application description

What kind of god would you be? Benevolent or vengeful? Play Pocket God and discover the answer within yourself. On a remote island, you are the all-powerful god that rules over the primitive islanders. You can bring new life, and then take it away just as quickly. Exercise your powers on the islanders. Lift them into the air. Throw them in the water. Propel them into the horizon. Show them who's boss!

Pocket God is an interactive experience for you to explore. Help us grow it by submitting your suggestions using iTunes comments! What sort of godly powers would you like to see added?

Currently, as the god of the island, you can:

- Click the plus button (top left) to create new islanders
- Levitate the islanders into the air by pressing your finger on an islander and moving them upward.
- When you have them in your grasp, fling, throw or drop them!
- Propel them into the distance by running your finger across the islander from below. The harder you hit them, the further they go!

Latest pocket god News

Pocket God 1.13 - Say My Name!

Wow, this was a rough week. lots of tension. My new Jackie Button app got rejected, our update got rejected and Pocket God is slowly slipping back down the rankings. I'm so happy the update was released today, I had a nightmare the other day that we were going to have to wait another week because Apple didn't like the word sacrifices in our leadboard or the fact that we show the Pygmies skeletons in this update. Just glad it's out!

So, it was actually really fun playing with Feint tonight, got to chat with a lot of people live in the game and told a bunch of them to come over to Touch Arcade to hear about the new update and to join in asking about new updates. If anyone is in the Pocket God Chat Rooms, please help anyone out that is asking questions about the game. Speaking about asking when the next update is coming out, Hodapp decided to drink our kool aid this week and join the Pocket Borg, its good to have another nice sarcastic voice in the mix.

So, this update is really cool. like even cooler than all the other previous updates, but probably not cooler than the updates that will follow. We added names for all the pygmies, so you can customize them and add the names of your teachers, classmates, or friends as you toture them. You can also name your tribe and give each Pygmy their own description. We also added detailed stats for each pygmy and the tribe as a whole. so, you can see the top 5 sacrifice types for each Pygmy (we will probably add a way to see all sacrifices and their counts later), you can see all the food that they have eaten and each pygmy has a mood depending on how many sacrifices you make compared to the amount of food (gifts) you give them. Some of you might be wondering about the gift leaderboard on in Feint and this is for 1.13, is has some people already in it because the beta testers have been using it this week. It will show the top gift givers in the game.

In game, there is a toggle for showing or hiding the name labels of each Pygmy. I think this is a good step forward, it is definately moving toward a game now and although the rules for governing their mood is pretty simple now, we can exapnd on it in the future and add more management and stats for your tribe. We can also start setting up leaderboards for wierd stats like how many coconut bounces you achieved, the farthest flick, or how many pygmies you managed to electrocute in the hurricane without stopping the hurricane.

On the technical side we added a font engine to the game. We were in a huge need of adding dynamic text. I'm a little embarassed to say this, but all the text to this point has been burned into the bitmaps for the game. But we came up with a really cool system for defining custom fonts and laying out a screens in flash. The new layout tool saves a ton of memory because we can reuse all the existing game assets for our help screens instead of precreating each screen in photoshop and adding it to the texture atlas. We were getting to the point where we could only fit 7 help screens into our game and we kept having to jam more and more content into each screen. but now Allan created 13 screens with the tool and it freed up an entire texture atlas that we can start using for more game sprites.

Another thing about this update is that our icon is now synced with the update, the ant icon is shipping with the ant update and we will continue to do this from now on.

Here's the titles of the next 3 updates. it's a trilogy.

A New Home
Tyrannosaurus Strikes Back
Return of the Pygmy

After Return of the Pygmy, we will raise our price to a whopping $1.99. If you know anyone that doesnt have pocket god yet, they can save 50% by buying it now

We have so many ideas for new updates, we want to keep doing them for at least a few more months and we are hoping that with a price increase, we can afford to keep doing them as our sales numbers start to go down. We just came up with an amazing way to pull off a Tsunami, it will be really cool. not sure where this will lie after Return of the Pygmy, but we have that, we really want to do the change tempurature update, do something awesome with the statue, and add more stats, leaderboards, and add some mini games.

Latest episode 12 and 13

Latest episode

Releases:

Ep 1 (1/9/09): Nowhere To Go, Nothin' To Do
Ep 2 (1/14/09): Does this Megabyte Make My App Look Fat?
Ep 3: (1/20/09): You Always Hurt the One You Lava
Ep 4: (1/29/09): Shake That App!
Ep 5: (2/5/09): A Storm is Coming
Ep 6: (2/14/09): And on the 7th Day, Rest!
Ep 7: (2/20/09): Just Give Us 5 Minutes
Ep 8: (2/26/09): Jump the Shark
Ep 9: (3/6/09): Idle Hands
Ep 10: (3/15/09): Hi, Dracula!
Ep 11: (3/23/09): A Mighty Wind
Ep 12: (4/8/09): Something's Fishy…
Ep 13: (4/8/09): March of the Fire Ants

Next Episode *: Say My Name!

* The "episode" title hints at the newest feature(s). The latest episode release contains ALL the features from previous releases.

Possible Future Additions
Changing day to night and vice-versa
Earthquake!!!!
Generating hurricanes
Sharks and other hungry sea creatures
Other islands
Visitors from afar

New in this version

A fishing pole on the island now allows the islanders to fish.
Help them out by pushing the fishing bob toward the fish.
All fish caught are food for the other islanders.
You can also "fish-slap" the islanders.
When fishing, beware of the shark!

Use the menu to add a fishing pole on the island. A passing islander will walk by and pick it up to go fishing . Help them out by pushing the fishing bobber toward the fish. All fish caught are food for the other islanders. You can also pick it up and "fish-slap" the islanders. When fishing, beware of the shark!

Use the menu to add an anthill to the island. Poke the anthill to provoke the ants. While the ants are in a frenzy, touch the anthill and drag to create a line of ants that will devour an islander! Use the lens artifact on the island to either burn the ants OR the islanders!

This update includes our initial integration of Feint. Anyone who opts to sign up has the ability to chat in the Feint chatrooms and their "sacrifice-count" tracked by the Feint leaderboard.

The gravity icon has been changed from an iPhone likeness to a depiction of the island scene.

Languages
English

Requirements
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch
Requires iPhone 2.2 Software Update

SITES
Official Site
Youtube Channel
Facebook Group
Twitter
Wallpaper Contest Gallery
Gallery
Bolt Creative

Ad

Ad

Team
iPhoneHellas
3,1416 μηνύματα
Twitter: @android
Φύλο: Όπως το δει κανείς
Κινητό: Android
Tablet: Για τα κουνούπια

Γιατί να γίνετε μέλη;

#2   aC3

aC3

iPH Contributor

• 1.199 μηνύματα
  • GameCenter:_aC3_

Δημοσίευση 29/03/2009 - 22:49

Πολή καλή ιδέα!
Λατρεύω αυτό το app, και είναι αρκετά δύσκολο να βρίσκεις συνέχεια τα Updates του  :-\
Θα είναι η πρώτη, εάν όχι η μόνη, που θα πάρω όταν μαζέψω λεφτά μέσω ενός site ;)
Αν και είναι πολύ εμπορικοί οι τύποι, έχουν βγάλει τόσες μπλούζες για ένα κάπως γελοίο app που προορίζεται για σαδιστές  ;D
Θα το "αγαπούσα" περισσότερο αν είχε μια ροή και σε θυμούνταν οι νησιώτες, κάτι σαν το Sims ρε παιδί μου... Για να είχες και την δυνατότητα να το παίξεις καλός "Θεός" και όχι μόνο σαδιστής δολοφόνος (αν και έχει πιο πλάκα ::) )

#3   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 29/03/2009 - 22:56

Πολή καλή ιδέα!

Λατρεύω αυτό το app, και είναι αρκετά δύσκολο να βρίσκεις συνέχεια τα Updates του  :-\

Θα είναι η πρώτη, εάν όχι η μόνη, που θα πάρω όταν μαζέψω λεφτά μέσω ενός site ;)

Αν και είναι πολύ εμπορικοί οι τύποι, έχουν βγάλει τόσες μπλούζες για ένα κάπως γελοίο app που προορίζεται για σαδιστές  ;D

Θα το "αγαπούσα" περισσότερο αν είχε μια ροή και σε θυμούνταν οι νησιώτες, κάτι σαν το Sims ρε παιδί μου... Για να είχες και την δυνατότητα να το παίξεις καλός "Θεός" και όχι μόνο σαδιστής δολοφόνος (αν και έχει πιο πλάκα ::) )

εγω το αγορασα σημερα το σιγκεκριμενο το ειχα σπασμενο αλλα απο τοτε που εκλεισε το appulos το εβαλα και ετσι θα κατεβαζω τα updates μεσo του Ιpod touch μου!!πιο ευκολα πιο γρηγορα μονο με 79 λεπτα!

#4   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 31/03/2009 - 14:10

sorry για το λαθος σημερα βγαινει το επεισοδιο 12 οχι το update 1.12  το  update θα ειναι 1.11!συγνωμη!

#5   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 01/04/2009 - 14:23

Τελευταια Νεα

Παιδια Δυστυχως δεν εχει βγει ακομα το καινουργιο Update  λογο της καθυστερησης απο την Apple!για να φανταστειτε λιγο το app το εχουν στειλει στην Apple για να το εγκρινει απο την Πεμπτη και ακομα να βγει online.Επισης να ενημερωσω οτι εχει τελειωσει επισης και η επομενη εκδοση οποτε μολις βγει το 1.11 θα στειλουν αμεσως στην Apple το επομενο......

Τα τελευται νεα απο τον Dave(δημιουργος παιχνιδιου)στο forum

Σημερα το πρωι στης 10:37

Hey Guys,

Still no email from Apple, hopefully it comes out early tomorrow.

#6   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 02/04/2009 - 12:05

Latest pocket god news
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
REJECTED!
Posted Image

Guys! For the first time, a Pocket God update has been rejected. We were shocked and the reason Apple sent us was extremely vague! They sent us a screenshot with the menu open and said we violated "Apple Branding"...meaning we used an image that is owned by Apple. The only thing we can think of is that the gravity icon (a very simplified iPhone tilted) is the issue. I mean, surely a volcano icon isn't owned by Apple? Or the question mark?

What can we say? We are really sorry, as we know how much people look forward to the updates. So we changed the gravity icon and are submitting a new update tonight. This one will be a two-for-one. Something's Fishy and March of the Fire Ants. And just to let you know that we are NOT slowing down, we are in progress for the update after that, titled "What's my name?". AND we have a surprise that we are uploading to our YouTube in the next day or two.

Again, our apologies! We just didn't see this coming!

#7   aC3

aC3

iPH Contributor

• 1.199 μηνύματα
  • GameCenter:_aC3_

Δημοσίευση 02/04/2009 - 15:36

Καλά πάμε... αυτό το app μ αρέσει γιατί κάνει συνέχεια updates

#8   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 02/04/2009 - 21:35

ναι και εμενα ομως τωρα απορριφτηκε απο την apple και δεν ξερουν καν το λογο  .....οποτε το αλλαξαν και εστειλαν δυο updates μαζι οποτε μαλλον την επομενη πεμπτη απο οτι διαβαζω στο forum θα βγουν!

#9   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 03/04/2009 - 07:08

Λοιπον βρηκαν το λογο που απορριφτηκε απο την Apple .Στο  menu ειχε ενα εικονιδιο για την βαρυτητα και ελεγαν οι αανηκε στην Apple.αυτο ομως το εικονιδιο εχει μπει εδω και τρεις εβδομαδεσ τελοσπαντων...αναμενουμε την ερχομενη εβδομαδα τα καινουργια update!

#10   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 03/04/2009 - 13:47

Latest pocket god News

Pocket God 1.12 - The March of the Fire Ants

So, we ran into some bad luck this week and our latest update got rejected, we don't have a definitive answer as to why but they said it was due to us using a copyrighted image and we are guessing that its because of a option icon that looks like an iPhone. We changed it to look like a generic screen as well as changed a iphone that we had in the help pages since update 4 that looks like an iphone as well. Not sure why they chose this week to be picky but hopefully this update goes through. I also just want to let everyone know that we are not slowing down in our updating, even though a update didn't come out this week, the new update we resubmitted contains both the fishing and the ants update (including feint). And we are working on 1.13 now, "Say My Name!".

So, this week, with the ant update, we added a community service called Feint. For those of you who don't know, Fient is the chat service that Aurora Feint currently uses, the developers opened access up to a limited number of companies during the next month or so and then they will open it to more companies after they get an idea of how much traffic games like ours will add to their server architecture. Currently, the Feint features are on a screen that you can access from the options menu but I'm pretty excited about this because it means that we can eventually change it to allow us to add more community features directly in the game.

We also made some great progress in optimization, with all our updates, the game was starting to get a little laggy because of all the objects on the screen. What was wierd about it, was that when a touch is active on the screen, the framerate would get cut in half (even if nothing was happening in the touch logic). I was able to trace it down to our open gl calls where they same number of calls took twice as long during a touch. Not sure why, it might be some kind of thread conflict, or maybe openGl uses the floating point unit and the base code in the touch logic causes the CPU to switch between 32 bit mode which is required for floating point and thumb mode which is kind of like a shorthand instruction set that is more commonly used for tasks. Anyway, not sure of the exact reason why and not enough time to figure it out but I created a wrapper around opengl that did some simple checks to make sure that we didnt call it unless we absolutely had to (ie, no sense in settig a rotation if the rotation is 0 or no sense in setting the active texture if its the same one we used for the last display object).

In a continuation of this, I'm actually thinking of pulling out all the matrix calculations from open gl and just doing it on my side. might be faster. and also each object has its own texture coordinate and vertex arrays, It might be quicker to fool open gl into thinking there is only 1 of each and just copy the data into it on my side. have to check if its faster but now I want to reduce the number of open gl calls as much as I can.

Other than this, I am really bummed about not getting our update out. we had an april fools joke planned where users would see the following screen at the start of the game.

Posted Image

Once they click on it, they would get a message "April Fools" and then the real episode would start. We stayed up so late to get this in, it really stinks that they decided to pick this week to be strick about the reivew process.

#11   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 04/04/2009 - 08:59

Latest pocket god News edit only

@edit

Hey guys, we're looking to get some more attention despite the fact that our update didn't come out this week. please help us spread this viral video and feel free to post comments.

και ναι οσο και αν σας φαινεται πραξενο ειναι 7 χρονων!! και κοριτσι

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kasKGVOf3YI

#12   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 05/04/2009 - 21:13

Latest pocket god News

Φωτογραφίες από τα δυο νέα updates 1.11,1.12
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 09/04/2009 - 14:03

Latest pocket god news

Ναι αυτο που ολοι περιμεναμε!!το update ειναι εδω!!!!

Pocket God 1.13 - Say My Name!

Wow, this was a rough week. lots of tension. My new Jackie Button app got rejected, our update got rejected and Pocket God is slowly slipping back down the rankings. I'm so happy the update was released today, I had a nightmare the other day that we were going to have to wait another week because Apple didn't like the word sacrifices in our leadboard or the fact that we show the Pygmies skeletons in this update. Just glad it's out!

So, it was actually really fun playing with Feint tonight, got to chat with a lot of people live in the game and told a bunch of them to come over to Touch Arcade to hear about the new update and to join in asking about new updates. If anyone is in the Pocket God Chat Rooms, please help anyone out that is asking questions about the game. Speaking about asking when the next update is coming out, Hodapp decided to drink our kool aid this week and join the Pocket Borg, its good to have another nice sarcastic voice in the mix.

So, this update is really cool. like even cooler than all the other previous updates, but probably not cooler than the updates that will follow. We added names for all the pygmies, so you can customize them and add the names of your teachers, classmates, or friends as you toture them. You can also name your tribe and give each Pygmy their own description. We also added detailed stats for each pygmy and the tribe as a whole. so, you can see the top 5 sacrifice types for each Pygmy (we will probably add a way to see all sacrifices and their counts later), you can see all the food that they have eaten and each pygmy has a mood depending on how many sacrifices you make compared to the amount of food (gifts) you give them. Some of you might be wondering about the gift leaderboard on in Feint and this is for 1.13, is has some people already in it because the beta testers have been using it this week. It will show the top gift givers in the game.

In game, there is a toggle for showing or hiding the name labels of each Pygmy. I think this is a good step forward, it is definately moving toward a game now and although the rules for governing their mood is pretty simple now, we can exapnd on it in the future and add more management and stats for your tribe. We can also start setting up leaderboards for wierd stats like how many coconut bounces you achieved, the farthest flick, or how many pygmies you managed to electrocute in the hurricane without stopping the hurricane.

On the technical side we added a font engine to the game. We were in a huge need of adding dynamic text. I'm a little embarassed to say this, but all the text to this point has been burned into the bitmaps for the game. But we came up with a really cool system for defining custom fonts and laying out a screens in flash. The new layout tool saves a ton of memory because we can reuse all the existing game assets for our help screens instead of precreating each screen in photoshop and adding it to the texture atlas. We were getting to the point where we could only fit 7 help screens into our game and we kept having to jam more and more content into each screen. but now Allan created 13 screens with the tool and it freed up an entire texture atlas that we can start using for more game sprites.

Another thing about this update is that our icon is now synced with the update, the ant icon is shipping with the ant update and we will continue to do this from now on.

Here's the titles of the next 3 updates. it's a trilogy.

A New Home
Tyrannosaurus Strikes Back
Return of the Pygmy

After Return of the Pygmy, we will raise our price to a whopping $1.99. If you know anyone that doesnt have pocket god yet, they can save 50% by buying it now

We have so many ideas for new updates, we want to keep doing them for at least a few more months and we are hoping that with a price increase, we can afford to keep doing them as our sales numbers start to go down. We just came up with an amazing way to pull off a Tsunami, it will be really cool. not sure where this will lie after Return of the Pygmy, but we have that, we really want to do the change tempurature update, do something awesome with the statue, and add more stats, leaderboards, and add some mini games.

Latest episode 12 and 13

#14   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 10/04/2009 - 15:42

Next episode pictures

The next update "Say My Name" is wrapped up as well. Ever want to get back at your little sister, a mean teacher or your annoying friend? In the next update you can! Dave explains it on Touch Arcade:

#15   jwr

jwr

iPH Contributor

• 1.090 μηνύματα

Δημοσίευση 10/04/2009 - 15:47

Ep 13: (4/8/09): March of the Fire Ants

New in this version

A fishing pole on the island now allows the islanders to fish.
Help them out by pushing the fishing bob toward the fish.
All fish caught are food for the other islanders.
You can also "fish-slap" the islanders.
When fishing, beware of the shark!

Use the menu to add a fishing pole on the island. A passing islander will walk by and pick it up to go fishing . Help them out by pushing the fishing bobber toward the fish. All fish caught are food for the other islanders. You can also pick it up and "fish-slap" the islanders. When fishing, beware of the shark!

Use the menu to add an anthill to the island. Poke the anthill to provoke the ants. While the ants are in a frenzy, touch the anthill and drag to create a line of ants that will devour an islander! Use the lens artifact on the island to either burn the ants OR the islanders!

This update includes our initial integration of Feint. Anyone who opts to sign up has the ability to chat in the Feint chatrooms and their "sacrifice-count" tracked by the Feint leaderboard.

The gravity icon has been changed from an iPhone likeness to a depiction of the island scene.

Ad

Ad

Team
iPhoneHellas
3,1416 μηνύματα
Twitter: @android
Φύλο: Όπως το δει κανείς
Κινητό: Android
Tablet: Για τα κουνούπια

Γιατί να γίνετε μέλη;

Χρήστες που διαβάζουν αυτό το θέμα: 1

0 μέλη, 1 επισκέπτες, 0 ανώνυμοι χρήστες